Although it is exciting to board your fashion sense and to ensure that you get all necessities, a heavy luggage can be a nuisance for you and your budget. Airlines impose a weight limit for every passenger's luggage to save on plane fuel. This also helps you save money in avoiding the excess baggage fees.
Aside from that, it is best to blend with in the crowd rather than standing out because of your enormous luggage that you carry. It won't hurt to take your time and think what you really need to bring. Maybe by doing so will make you decide to go hand carry instead of checking it in.
- Make a checklist, start with the basics: This will guide you in cutting down the items that you need to bring and what needs to stay put. Always start with the necessities like how you get dressed. From toiletries, undergarments, to the clothes you intend to wear.
- Create a theme for your trip: Decide on a color scheme that you wish to go through during your trip. This will help you trim down your options to pack.
- Layering is the key: if you're going to a place that is cold, there's no need to pack your bulkiest sweaters. Go for silk underwear, a jersey top, and a jacket. Make sure that it is in theme with what you have decided on to make it consistent.
- Hand wash laundry: Soap packets will allow you to wash your light weight clothes so you can reuse them.
- Don't pack things you wouldn't use at home: Be careful in deciding which to bring and consider how often you will be using them. If you're only going to use it once or less than once, then leave it.
- Buy local items: Pack the basics and seek the unique items at your destination.
When packing light, you have enough space for the new things you bought.